Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Quote of the day - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The quixotic desire to do good, be universally fair and make everybody happy is understandable. Indeed, the majority’s zeal is more than a little endearing. There is only one problem with this approach. We are a court."

Justice Janice Rogers Brown



Because I am generally content with the current nominee, I will once again begin to use quotes from individuals other than Justice Brown. There is hopefully no need to show the contrast between Brown and the current nominee, as I would have done had the nominee been Clement. I still have a reservoir of quotes from Justice Brown that I will use in the future.

Labels: , , ,

  • People's Pottage - permalink
  • Economics in One Lesson - permalink
  • Why Johnny Can't Read- permalink
  • Locations of visitors to this page