Friday, June 06, 2008

Sarah Palin; possible running mate for John McCain;

I know almost nothing about Sarah Palin except that she is the Republican Governor of Alaska and that she looked like this in 1984:

Sarah Palin - 1984














But that alone would make her at least as good of a President as John McCain. H/T Powerline for the photo.









Sarah Palin








I realize that I have nothing more than a superficial basis for supporting Palin, but if the Obama followers can act that way, so can I.

Her website is full of platitutes about the environment and health care, etc., but there are a few interesting tidbits:
I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between a man and a woman. I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska.

She also claims to be a member of the NRA. Her site contains some detail about a statewide gasline issue that I have not researched. Palin's administration is currently suing the U.S. Department of the Interior over the Department's characterization of the polar bear as "endangered."

This information is only the beginning, but I believe Palin is worthy of consideration until some leftist skeleton is unearthed from her closet.

----------------------------------

update 12:30

Politico posts more info on Palin's Lt. Governor and an endorsement by Pat Toomey. I am now more firmly in Palin's camp:
The Club for Growth endorsed Alaska Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who is challenging Young in the state’s Aug. 26 primary. The group’s president, Pat Toomey, made the endorsement in a Wall Street Journal editorial today.

Parnell is an ally of the state's governor, Sarah Palin, a reform-minded Republican who unseated former Gov. Frank Murkowski in a 2006 Republican primary.

Labels: , ,

  • People's Pottage - permalink
  • Economics in One Lesson - permalink
  • Why Johnny Can't Read- permalink
  • Locations of visitors to this page